Thank you for taking the time and the initiative to visit our web page and inquire about Good Shepherd Catholic Church. We are excited about our church and are delighted to have the opportunity to share this information with you. Our parish community is made up of people from many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds making us diverse, yet one in Christ. Our diversity results in creativity and dynamism, our unity in growth and strength. In fact, Good Shepherd Church is the only English Catholic Church in the diocese to show continuous growth since its founding in 1971.
We want you to know that we care about you and hope that you will return to visit us again and again, not only our web-site, but also in person. If you live in our community, our greatest desire is that you will join our parish and become an active member. We will be pleased to offer any possible assistance toward your spiritual and personal growth in the church.
Each of the programs and ministries of Good Shepherd Church are based upon at least one of the following pastoral objectives.
These objectives are:
- To strive to fulfill the mission of the Church in the Parish.
- To strive to grow together as a faith-community in our worship, thanks and praise to God.
- To work together creatively and spiritually to meet the needs of the community, of others within the Diocese, throughout the nation, and throughout the world.
- To serve as a medium whereby any and all members of the community may make known their views on pastoral matters of the parish.
- To promote the best interests of the parish and to guide and make recommendations for its pastoral development, and in turn to inform the community of parish pastoral activities.
We do this by:
- Providing for the spiritual and physical needs of our members as they are made known to us,
- Providing quality religious education for all ages through a comprehensive catechetical program that is sensitive to and nurtures the individual's faith journey within our community,
- Welcoming all people with loving openness and hospitality,
- And responding to the diversity of our members by providing avenues of expression specific to their needs.